Rockaway Lions Club
Volunteers that make a difference
An Expand Your Horizens Club
Rockaway Lions are a group of service-minded men and women who are interested in doing volunteer work to improve our communitie. We are young people, families and Baby Boomers alike. To become a Lion is to become an active volunteer, a member of a respected international organization, a leader in your community and a friend to people in need. Learn more about what we do.
There are many reasons to become a member. As a Lion, you'll-
- Learn to be a leader – and lead a respected organization
- Network w/business people in your community, around the world
- Energize your life and have fun
- You'll grow personally and professionally.
- And you'll know that what you do is worthwhile and appreciated.
- Help your community and gain valuable skills
- make impact on people's lives-locally and internationally
Benefits of Lions Membership
- The satisfaction of helping others who are less fortunate.
- Fellowship shared with other members
- Sharing with raising of funds through activities with others
- Meet new friends who share common goals
- Opportunities to share in the growth and development of your community
- Development of leadership skills
Join an International Network
of Volunteers and Friends
Right now, Lions are performing volunteer work to improvecommunities around the world. We're meeting to plan a local project. We're sponsoring international exchanges for young people. We're bringing clean drinking water to a remote village. We're building. We're sharing. We're repairing. And we're having fun.
We have community clubs that meet in person. Cyber clubs that meet online. And special interest clubs that can be based on your profession, a hobby or anything you care about. Each club matches the needs of its members to help them support their community right now.
Please Join Us! We are happy to bring you an application, just call 503-355-2199
President~ Jerry Stanfill 503-667-3956
Secretary- Marilou Bowman 503-355-2977
Treasure-John Luce 503-355-8610 or Sueluce@yahoo.com
1st Vice President~ Gloria Tarnasky
Past President~ George Belnap
Tail Twister ~ David Farr 503-355-3010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lion Tamer ~ Ray Herrington 503-355-8115 or email@example.com
1 Year Directors Jan Markle 503-368-6166 ; Cliff Gunderman 503-368-6321
2 Year Directors : Robin Herrinton 503-355-8115; Cecile Doyle 1-503-357-2605